Wednesday 4 June 2008

Some magazine stuff

Another 6th week, another Isis. I spent much more time coordinating people and working on the overall look of the magazine than doing illustrations this time but I think it's paid off. Once the issue's been printed and distributed on Friday I'll up a few photos of layouts to show that.

For now, we have the designs that the table of contents, editorial and 'Isis Icons' were laid out on. We were trying to go for a sparse, geometric, modernist look, so came up with some shapes I liked and rendered them in vector. It takes a little time but ideally this kind of stuff would be used throughout the whole magazine.

Above is the left-side table of contents, below is the editorial etc.

I also did a quick illustration for an article on doing a road trip in Oxfordshire. The article was cute, but a bit dull. My illustration follows this.

Hey and guess what, my steampunk illustration ended up being used.

No comments: