Saturday 31 May 2008

A Few Good Mock-ups

Throwing more stuff together for A Few Good Men, some pieces more finished than others.


I was trying to go for something more simple here, setting up the basic plot point of the marine's death. I think the poster needs more but this might be useful for badges and hoodies (there's a ridiculous advertising budget).


Those are soldiers in the red there. The producer and director liked this one, but it's not quite doing it for me. Gonna noodle with some more variations, and work on the text as it needs a big more weight.


Not sure about the figures but I like using the flag as a landscape with the Guantanamo fence and watchtower on the horizon. A visual counterpoint using the tower and the judge's bench might work too.


This is just a quick test using Sketchup but I'd love to create a more finished version where the individual soldiers would be lit up to spell out the words. Maybe not a great poster but it might go on the website.

That's all for now but I'll be advancing some of these designs in the next few days.

No comments: